Welcome to Troop 55's website. Our website is the place to find out what's going on in our Troop and resources for our scouts and parents. You'll find information on upcoming meeting dates, camping trips, merit badge info, forms and so much more.
Would you like to join Boy Scouts' Troop 55?
Selecting a Boy Scout Troop to join is an individual decision for each family. Every troop is different int he kinds of activities they schedule and in their personalities. You should choose the troop that you feel would best meet your needs. In selecting a troop, you should consider the following factors:
- Are the troop activities the kind that you would enjoy?
- How do the Scouts interact with each other?
- How do the older Scouts interact with the younger scouts?
- Are there older Scouts active in the troop? (This indicates if the troop's program is exciting and interesting for a variety of ages.)
- Is the Troop "boy led" or do the adults lead it?
- Are you comfortable with the adult leaders in the troop?
In practice, the decision of which troop to join usually comes down to two factors:
- Convenience of the weekly troop meetings (meeting night and location) and/or,
- Which troop a boy's best friends are members
Keep in mind, the measure of a successful Boy Scouts Troop is how well it meets the three aims of Scouting:
- Encouraging participatory citizenship,
- Building strong moral character, and
- Helping boys to grow physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
About Troop 55
Troop 55 is a very active Boy Scout Troop. We go on an outdoor activity every month, including hiking, camping, fishing, white-water rafting, and more.
Stop by one of our Troop Meetings which are held every Monday at 7:15pm to 8:30pm unless there's a Coweta County School holiday or we have an outing that weekend. We have Scouts attending from Newnan, Sharpsburg, Tyrone, Palmetto and Peachtree City.
We meet in the Faith Creek United Methodist Church in Newnan, Ga. There are times that we'll meet at another location due to a requirement our scouts are currently tackling. Our meetings are held year round except during summer camp, the Christmas holidays, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and the Fourth of July. Contact us by email for more information.
Boy Scout Troop Requirements:
If you are looking for real adventure, you have found the Boy Scout Troop for you! The only requirements:
- You are a boy age 11, or
- At least 10 and have completed the fifth grade, or
- Have earned the Cub Scout Arrow of Light Award,
- And are up to 17 years old.
All boys are welcome to join. See you next Monday!