What are the steps to become a leader or co-leader?
- APPLY: Complete an online volunteer application and criminal background check at the Apply Today section of the Girl Scouts of Western Washington website.
- WELCOME CHAT: You will be contacted by a volunteer welcome advisor or a member of our staff to set up a welcome chat to provide information on your new position and answer questions.
- REGISTER: Get registered as a Girl Scout member.
- LEARN: Complete Girl Scouting 101 and a Getting Started course. There are additional learning opportunities you can participate in at your leisure for more resource assistance. See the adult learning progression chart for more information.
- BUILD: Your Troop Program Manager (staff member) will be in touch with you and your co-leader to assign you a troop number, instruct you on how to register the troop and open a troop bank account and connect you with your local volunteer support network.